Friday, October 16, 2009

Monster Porridge Batch in the Rice Cooker

What do you do with 2.5 litres of cold porridge?

Admittedly not the sort of question you usually find yourself having to answer on a Friday afternoon, but its something I need to ponder this weekend. 

I was asked to experiment with the Cook Japan rice cooker to see how much porridge it would make; as a result we sat down to breakfast this morning faced with 3-litres of porridge.  So if you ever want to know, there’s little trouble making 3-litres of porridge (7-cups of dried oats and a river of milk) as you can see…

                    P8220087 P8220089

…give me a sprinkle of nutmeg and cinnamon and lashings of maple syrup and I’m a contented porridge eater, but 3-litres of it!!

P7120011

So, the question to you is, “What do I do with 2.5 litres of cold porridge?”

I’ll keep you posted on what happens next, at the moment i’m planning a crazy porridge cake…
For more information visit: www.cookjapan.co.uk

No comments: