Sunday, February 21, 2010

Cooking Nabe on an Induction Hot Plate

A portable induction hot plate is a great addition to any kitchen. They are perfect for cooking a variety of Japanese nabe (one pot) dishes, where family and friends sit around the nabe, eating, cooking, talking and having fun.

In Japanese cooking the nabe pot is usually placed in the centre of the tables and shared by family and friends, not only is this considered a very sociable way to eat, but is the reason for the saying Nabe o kakomu (鍋を囲む"sitting around the pot"), implying that sharing nabe will create warm relations between the diners who eat together from the shared pot.

Nabe is a wonderful meal, especially in these cold winter months.  Induction heating technology means that cooking with an induction hob is not only energy efficient, but time saving as well with up to 90% more efficiency, 50% energy savings and 30% faster cooking times.

For more information visit: www.cookjapan.co.uk

7 comments:

lishapisa said...

So much fun! I have not done this for longest time miss u so much! Have to do this soon with my sisters!!! Do u make this dipping sauce with an raw egg?

lishapisa said...

So much fun! I have not done this for longest time miss u so much! Have to do this soon with my sisters!!! Do u make this dipping sauce with an raw egg?

Marisa Lyn said...

I love that induction cooking method. I am definitely going to look into that.

Also I came to you blog to let you know that I have passed on to you the Sunshine Award. This is to say thank you for your blog being an inspiration in my own cooking.

Please stop by this link and pick up your award. http://allingoodfood42.blogspot.com/2010/03/letting-sunshine-in.html

Christine said...

Wow I love Nabe. I miss eating japanese food. I love Japanese dishes. Thanks for sharing this blog.

Anonymous said...

I love Nabe. I will be sure to try this method using my new portable induction hob.

We bought a Buffalo 209 from inductionhub.com

magi said...

Wow! This is a fantastic idea!


Induction Hotplate

shabnam khan said...

thanks for the great information